This hands-on aquaponics intensive workshop will provide valuable information and skills necessary to build a personal or community aquaponic systems from locally sourced and repurposed materials.
The course covers:
- System components and sourcing
- Aquaponics design and location considerations
- Growbed, plant crop, fish tank size, stocking density and feed ratios
- Hands-on construction of a personal aquaponics system tank system
- Building a bell siphon and assembling other plumbing parts
- Filling the system with media and water
- Fishless and fish cycle startup procedures
- Discussion of fish transportation and stocking the tank
- Seeding, transplanting, rotational planting, plant health and harvesting
- Daily operations and maintenance
The systems built during class will be used for aquaponics demonstrations. Take home building materials can be purchased with advance notice for an additional fee.
Meals: please bring a sack lunch and a reusable water bottle.
See also the Introduction to Aquaponics workshop the previous day.
Join us on Facebook
Save the Date for our fall equinox work day and community celebration!
Please Save the Date for a Theatre of the Oppressed Facilitator Training in Colorado! With Marc Weinblatt, Founder & Co Director of
Abundance. Regeneration. Oases. Paradise.
For the past 3 years, Woodbine Ecology has hosted an Edible Forest Garden workshop with the renowned Eric...