This hands-on aquaponics intensive workshop will provide valuable information and skills necessary to build a personal or community aquaponic systems from locally sourced and repurposed materials.
The course covers:
- System components and sourcing
- Aquaponics design and location considerations
- Growbed, plant crop, fish tank size, stocking density and feed ratios
- Hands-on construction of a personal aquaponics system tank system
- Building a bell siphon and assembling other plumbing parts
- Filling the system with media and water
- Fishless and fish cycle startup procedures
- Discussion of fish transportation and stocking the tank
- Seeding, transplanting, rotational planting, plant health and harvesting
- Daily operations and maintenance
The systems built during class will be used for aquaponics demonstrations. Take home building materials can be purchased with advance notice for an additional fee.
Meals: please bring a sack lunch and a reusable water bottle.
See also the Introduction to Aquaponics workshop the previous day.
Join us on Facebook
The third of our three Spring Revitalization events this season will be a special two-day event. On Saturday, we will continue our revitalization...
Save the date for Woodbine's Summer Celebration on June 18th! As is our tradition, we will be inviting our community to join us on the land at the...