This hands-on aquaponics intensive workshop will provide valuable information and skills necessary to build a personal or community aquaponic systems from locally sourced and repurposed materials.
The course covers:
- System components and sourcing
- Aquaponics design and location considerations
- Growbed, plant crop, fish tank size, stocking density and feed ratios
- Hands-on construction of a personal aquaponics system tank system
- Building a bell siphon and assembling other plumbing parts
- Filling the system with media and water
- Fishless and fish cycle startup procedures
- Discussion of fish transportation and stocking the tank
- Seeding, transplanting, rotational planting, plant health and harvesting
- Daily operations and maintenance
The systems built during class will be used for aquaponics demonstrations. Take home building materials can be purchased with advance notice for an additional fee.
Meals: please bring a sack lunch and a reusable water bottle.
See also the Introduction to Aquaponics workshop the previous day.
Join us on Facebook
Woodbine is proud to be co-sponsoring an incredible opportunity to become a permaculture design teacher this November 13th-20th with the Colorado...