Introduction to Aquaponics
This workshop will provide participants the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of aquaponics.
The course covers:
- Benefits of aquaponics
- System components
- System designs
- Fish selection and health
- Plant selection and health
- Bacteria and the nitrification cycle
- System design ratios
- System startup procedures
- Ongoing maintenance procedures
- Tips and tricks
Students will leave the class understanding many of the elements necessary to select the right system components, fish and plant species, as well as how to startup and maintain a personal aquaponics system for the greatest success.
Meals: please bring a sack lunch and a reusable water bottle.
See also the Hands-on Aquaponics workshop the following day.